Stuff I Read is a blog where I review the various novels I read. I mainly read historical fiction, historical non-fiction (usually biographies), military non-fiction, political non-fiction, fantasy and science fiction, and occasionally sport-related non-fiction.
I am particularly interested in the following historical periods:
- Arthurian mythology and literature (c. 500)
- Age of Discovery or Gunpowder-era warfare (1550-1820)
- Late Roman Empire-era warfare (300-476)
- Early-to-High Middle Ages-era warfare (500-1300)
- England and British Empire (all of it)
- Imperial Russia (980s-1918)
- Soviet-era and the Cold War (1918-1991)
My favourite authors are Bernard Cornwell, George MacDonald Fraser, C.S. Forester and Richard Holmes. I hope you find my reviews helpful and interesting enough to go out and read some of these stories yourself.